[Gmecm] Bench testing a GM waste-spark DIS ignition

Tomas J. Sokorai Sch. tsokorai
Mon May 15 14:49:30 UTC 2006

On Friday 12 May 2006 19:16, Terminal Crazy wrote:

> This sounds similar to the rotor on my old Mercedes 280CE (motors around
> 1973 - 78 ). They had a spring loaded slide on the top which shorted to
> ground at around 7000 rpm.. As an aside (going back 12 years) when i
> ordered a dizzy cap. The cap that came arrived with the big flat (cable
> comes out horizontal) fittings not the smaller ones like a spark
> plug(vertical output). This was also listed as fitting  BMW 6pot motor.

Thanks, I'll check the MB parts if I can't get the DIS to work. But I really
don't like the original BMW ditributor setup on this engine, as it's not like
the newer M20 engines with the rotor on the front of the camshaft, it's on
the side of the engine, very low.
Here the rain pours with buckets, and besides my best efforts to isolate the
distributor, I get rough running when going over big puddles. So a very high
mounted coilpack will be very nice :)

--
Tomas J. Sokorai Sch.