[Gmecm] Re: direct injection/code libraries

William Lucke william.lucke
Mon May 15 15:21:48 UTC 2006

It seems to have taken GM a long time to get their act together, but the
logical way to handle all the different programs that GM has to keep
track of is in a development library like a software development firm
would have. Once they did get that together, I'd expect almost all the
major modules from all programs to be VERY similar if not identical.

Isn't the OBDII N* computer some strange Siemens box? Is it related to
the other GM OBDII computers?

I'm curious about the IAC routine on the OBDII N*'s... I'd like to port
that back to the OBDI computer so that I don't have to have an idle
speed motor and closed throttle switch to use the OBDI N* controls.

Will

********

From: Darren Freed <darrenfreed at shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] Re: direct injection

I'd love to.  I'd also love to have a look at the 5.3 DOD code (while
we're dreaming)...

I've get the 96-97 v6 software pretty well figured out.  I've got a 96
N* computer in the mail, and hopefully will have that figured out at
some point as well.  I've looked at alot of code, v6 and v8, from 96-05,
and it is suprisingly similar.  Almost plug-n-play, in terms of being
able to select this, and deselect that, etc.  The 4cyl stuff is a bit
different, though...

My ultimate goal (when I finally get some time) is to "port" the efi332
software to these '332 based PCMs.  Then you could do whatever you want
in terms of programming.

darren