[Gmecm] Re: direct injection/code libraries

Darren Freed darrenfreed
Tue May 16 00:46:07 UTC 2006

I don't know for sure about the N* box.  The one I have coming is a 96,
and externally looks the same as the v6 boxes.  I'm hoping that it is
similar internally as well, in terms of the basic chipset. :)

The IAC control for most OBDII stuff I have looked at is airflow based,
rather than rpm based - that gives a much more stable idle, especially
if you've made mods to the engine.  The down side, is that a MAF sensor
is essentilly required (vs optional).  Calculated airflow, based on RPM
and MAP (among others) fluctuates ALOT, and thus a stable idle is much
more difficult to achieve (although not impossible).

darren