[Bulk] [Gmecm] Re: LS1's with fuel leaks

Jason M. galaxiecustom500
Mon May 15 17:06:53 UTC 2006

The point of the carbureted manifold for the GenIII engine is more for the
street rod/old car guys that buy the crate engine, and have to piece
together a complete drivetrain.  It's far easier and cheaper to go with a
carburetor when you are going this route.  Also fuel mileage usually isn't
that big of a deal with them.

If you're yanking the engine out of a wrecked camaro/corvette it doesn't
make sense not to keep the fuel injection.

Friend of mine has a corvette z06 long block (~5000 miles) with Lingenfelter
heads and other misc. parts (not installed).  His plan is to put that engine
and a new/rebuilt 6 speed in his 98 z28, then rebuild the z28's engine/trans
to put into a 51 pontiac sedan delievery with a carburetor.

If you're wondering, the corvette owner bought a bunch of parts from
Lingenfelter, then before they arrived decided to ship the whole car off for
a complete engine swap.  Forget the details but I remember it being 400
something ci and forced induction.