[Gmecm] Back to square one

Robin Handley Robin
Thu May 18 08:01:30 UTC 2006

> At 06:29 PM 5/17/2006 +0100, you wrote:
> >If I go with my DIY individual TBs and fit injector bosses to my existing
> >DCOE inlet manifold runners, I plan to use some injectors from the engine
as
> >it was installed in the original vehicle (which had a single throttle
body
> >SFI system). The injectors are Bosch 280 150 427 - which an online lookup
> >table rates at 240cc/min (22.95 lb/hour / 173 gram/min) assumed to be at
> >~36PSI (2.5 BAR).
>
> Get something close.  The exact part number isn't required.
> MV

I kept the injectors when I removed the engine from its original car. With
the individual TBs I'm expecting to get something like 165BHP @ 6500RPM. The
original single TB installation is quoted as being ~150BHP @ 6000RPM. Using
a 'back of the envelope' calculation, I think there's enough capacity in the
stock injectors to cope with my installation.

Robin