[Gmecm] V6-60 DIS spark retard advice?

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Wed May 24 16:01:43 UTC 2006

> 2.  I couldn't fit the knock sensor in the stock location (my
> Jeep motor mount covers the hole), but it's nearby.  I've
> seen knock sensors located all over the place at the wrecker,
> but I've also read on this forum that location may be
> important to avoid false readings (valve train noise, etc).
> Anyone know about the cast head 3.4?

Anyplace that has a good mechanical connection to the block should be
fine.  The V8 S-10 conversion moves the knock sensor from the block to
the (custom) motor mounts where it works fine.  Try getting a little
handheld amplifier (runs on a 9v battery) from Radio shack and connect
it to your knock sensor so you can hear what it's picking up.  Or put a
scope on it if you have one.  Maybe your knock sensor is bad?

--steve

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.