[Gmecm] Re: V6-60 DIS spark retard advice?

Cowen captain_krill
Wed May 24 22:51:44 UTC 2006

Thanks for the suggestions.  Unfortunately, although
I've been running this setup for just over a year, I
haven't learned to modify the code yet.  I've just
picked up a laptop, so next thing is to build a cable
and get started.  As Steve suggested though, I
wondered if maybe I had a mechanical/electrical
problem too, because I thought the knock sensor should
work without reprogramming...

The DIS and the knock sensor I'm using are from a 2.8l
V6-60, so it's at least from the same engine family!

The ECM is from a 1991 Pontiac 6000 with a 3.1, I
can't remember what the broadcast code is.  Runs
surprisingly well, except at full throttle (open loop,
right?) when it appears to lean out and slow down a
bit, and on startup (usually cranks for maybe 2
seconds before firing, again open loop).  I imagine if
I increase the BPW by 10% (to accomodate the bigger
engine)things will get better!

I don't have access to a scan tool, so until I learn
to program (I'd like to do the flash conversion too),
I'll just drive to avoid the mild pinging!

Again, thanks for helping with the basics.

Duncan