[Gmecm] Wide band 02 sensors

Garrett Herning herningg
Mon Nov 13 03:16:47 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have one of the Innovative controllers on my 95 pickup right now (PCM
16197427). I had bought a couple sensors a while back in anticipation of the
PWC the guys from MegaSquirt were working on, but couldnt wait. Was very
easy to hook up, I actually spliced to a plug that as off an old 02 sensor,
so the normal power for the narrow band feeds the controller and the
simulated signal goes right to the ECM. Put about 5000 miles on it so far
and it works fine. You can vary the AF switchpoint to whatever you want
(which is why I installed it as I am working with modified heads that should
allow me to run leaner). You can also vary how quick the response time is
and how fast it switches. I've been chasing an ignition problem (seems I may
have had a bad plug and/or a small vac leak) so I haven't gotten to really
play with the settings. I do notice that I can feel the computer try and
hover around "stoich" on moderate accels, so I think I need to adjust some
of the settings to get the simulated output to act more like a normal o2.
For the price you cant beat it. Comes very well packaged, good documentation
and is robust. My controller is zip tied onto a crossmember by the trans. I
am in the midst of a dyno project right now and wil be buying one for AF
monitoring on there. Hope this helps.

Garrett Herning