[Gmecm] Wide band 02 sensors

Mark Romans romans
Sun Nov 12 23:38:06 UTC 2006

First of all you can't directly adapt a wide band to a stock gm ecm.  The GM
ecm uses a narrow band 02 sensor that reads 0-1 volt.  It's really just a
switch between lean and rich and is there for the care
and feeding of the catalytic convertor.  Narrow band 02 sensors are not
linear and are pretty much useless except for lean and rich switch type
signals.
Aftermarket wide band 02 sensors put out 0-5 volts and are much more linear
in their response, this is how they are used to measure the actual afr.

Some aftermarket Wide band 02 sensors have a "Simulated" Narrow band output
for the stock ecm.

2nd big problem is that the 727 isn't at LT1 ecm.  I don't think you can
adpapt it either.  The 727 is the underhood version of the 730 ecm, that's
for TPI engines from 90-92.  (V8 Apps).

Go to www.tunercat.com and that website shows you software and ecm numbers
for your application.

Good Luck!

Mark

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lobert Family" <blueandbold at sbcglobal.net>
To: <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 12, 2006 10:13 AM
Subject: [Gmecm] Wide band 02 sensors

Has anyone tried to adapt the wide band sensors to a 93 Camaro/Firebird LT1
configuration. I am also looking to tweak my setup and have found some tips
for a burner here. I am also looking for a good reading program so that i
can download what is in there now. I have the 727 waterprooofed version of
the 730.