[Gmecm] Air bag delete- Bill

Rexdina at aol.com Rexdina
Tue Nov 14 05:32:46 UTC 2006

When I rebuilt a '94 Eldorado 10 years ago, I needed to have  the air bag
code turned off. This is usually done by a dealer or you can buy a  Kent-Moore
tool at around $300. Since the air bags represented just a  resistance, I worked
with a couple of guys in Australia, England, and Wyoming.  We figured out for
that '94 Cadillac Eldorado, the whole air bag system trouble  light could be
turned off by substiting a 3 ohm resistor. Fords were 2 ohms as I  recall.
About 50 cents compared to a lousy dealership or  $300!