[Gmecm] Air bag delete

Rexdina at aol.com Rexdina
Thu Nov 16 21:22:46 UTC 2006

When I used the 3 ohm resistor to turn off my air bag lights,  I was doing it
to check the system as I had just installed the whole system in  another
vehicle. All of the sensors, the two airbags and all of the wiring. The
substituted resistor was just to see if the system had any problems. You can use  an
expensive Kent-Moore tool, which does exactly the same thing, or you can use
your brain and 50 cents to do it. This forum is basically about automotive
electronics and there's more than one way to accomplish an electronic task. Why
assume the guy was doing something wrong? All we need on this board are more
"gotta take it to a dealer minded individuals"! The seat replacement was a
completely valid reason for asking the question in my humble opinion.
Harry