[Gmecm] Any USB developers out there?

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Mon Nov 20 05:41:57 UTC 2006

The crystal is 20 MHz 18pf according to the digikey datasheet.  They're
ceramic caps.

I don't know what the problem with the crystal circuit is, but I removed
it and used a 4 MHz OSC instead, changing the firmware accordingly, and
now it works.  I tried with and without the load resistor (on the
crystal) but no change.  The demo board has an external load resistor
but the data sheet shows a resistor internal to the part.

I decided that I want USB power after all so I can reflash the PIC
without external power.  You mentioned the circuit you use but I can't
find the note now.  What is it?

Craig, what do you use for schematic capture and PCB layout?

Maybe there'll be a USB <-> VPW project working by Christmas now...

thanks for the suggestions everyone,

--steve