[Gmecm] 4L60e

Rexdina at aol.com Rexdina
Tue Sep 5 23:38:37 UTC 2006

Hope I don't offend anyone, but I have a 4L60e question which  probably
affects the ECM. I have a '94 GMC Van 4L60e that needs rebuilt. I also  have a good
'96 4L60e out of a '96 Chev. pickup. Both are 2 wheel drive, full  sized
vehicles. The '96 trans has a black box connected to the shift arm on the  trans,
while the '94 does not. What is the purpose of the '96 black box and it's
wiring? Can it be discarded and can the '96 trans. be a bolt in replacement for
the '94? Thanks in advance.
RC