[Gmecm] Modify $8D to work on MPFI 3.1L DIS engine - It RUNS

Tomas J. Sokorai Sch. tsokorai
Fri Sep 1 13:36:09 UTC 2006

On Friday 01 September 2006 00:42, Brendan Patten wrote:

> AT 8025 I put in AA 59.8
> AT 8026 I put in FFE4  -10
> AT 8028 I put in FF39  -70

Yes, something like that, the min & max advances get reversed and negative,
and initial @60 deg.

I have a BMW I6 running with GM DIS and $8D code since last week.

Some other changes need: Cylinder select: obviously for the 8->6 cyl change.

You'll maybe want to change the DRP counts until running for easier starts (or
otherwise the ECM will take control of the ignition at 400 RPM instead of
300), and the "high RPM DRPs until running"  from 8 to 6 to have nice and
clean starts.
Copy the fueling and spark maps from the original app. as Ryan already
suggested.

As my retrofit was for a very different engine, I did 1001 more changes, but
it *?s* possible to get a $8D running a 6 cyl. DIS engine :)

--
Tomas J. Sokorai Sch.