[Gmecm] Modify $8D to work on MPFI 3.1L DIS engine - It RUNS

Brendan Patten bpatten
Mon Sep 4 04:10:47 UTC 2006

I have been unsuccessful to get this to work on my 3.1L.  It goes into
limp mode, laptop won't communicate via ALDL port with computer.

Thomas, would you be willing to share your bin you are using, so that I
could compare ???

-----Original Message-----
From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On
Behalf Of Tomas J. Sokorai Sch.
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 8:36 AM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] Modify $8D to work on MPFI 3.1L DIS engine - It
RUNS

On Friday 01 September 2006 00:42, Brendan Patten wrote:

> AT 8025 I put in AA 59.8
> AT 8026 I put in FFE4  -10
> AT 8028 I put in FF39  -70

Yes, something like that, the min & max advances get reversed and
negative,
and initial @60 deg.

I have a BMW I6 running with GM DIS and $8D code since last week.

Some other changes need: Cylinder select: obviously for the 8->6 cyl
change.

You'll maybe want to change the DRP counts until running for easier
starts (or
otherwise the ECM will take control of the ignition at 400 RPM instead
of
300), and the "high RPM DRPs until running"  from 8 to 6 to have nice
and
clean starts.
Copy the fueling and spark maps from the original app. as Ryan already
suggested.

As my retrofit was for a very different engine, I did 1001 more changes,
but
it *?s* possible to get a $8D running a 6 cyl. DIS engine :)

--
Tomas J. Sokorai Sch.