[Gmecm] Modify $8D to work on MPFI 3.1L DIS engine

Tomas J. Sokorai Sch. tsokorai
Fri Sep 1 13:41:05 UTC 2006

On Friday 01 September 2006 04:31, Robin Handley wrote:

> I hadn't thought about the cranking situation, but I'm now wondering how a
> DIS based ignition system can actually get an engine to start (when the
> 'static' advance is so far away from something you'd want to use for
> cranking). Does the DIS module do something clever here, that I'm missing?

Nope, when cranked (when the ECM is *not* controlling the timing), the DIS
module just fires the coils at the crank mark timing (the static timing,
typically of 0deg), and only the signal it gives back to the ECM has 60deg
offset.

--
Tomas J. Sokorai Sch.