[Gmecm] BMW I6 DIS

Tomas J. Sokorai Sch. tsokorai
Fri Sep 1 18:41:10 UTC 2006

On Friday 01 September 2006 13:10, William Lucke wrote:
> I've been meaning to as for a while... how are you triggering your ECM
> from the BMW engine?

Crank triggered, from the front damper.
Originally this engine had a "TDC sensor" for use by the dealership's
diagnostic equipment, essentially a VR crank sensor, but with only one hole
in the damper to sense.
I just made other six holes in the damper to achieve the GM 6+1 trigger
pattern and modified the stock sensor by adding stronger magnets to get a
more powerfull signal able to trigger the DIS module.

--
Tomas J. Sokorai Sch.