[Gmecm] ECM Choice: Sequential V6, hydraulic transmission with lockup convertor

William Lucke william.lucke
Sat Sep 2 15:48:45 UTC 2006

I'm gathering information for an engine swap in my Pontiac 6000 AWD. It
uses a version of the TH125 3 speed auto that can't be changed because
of the AWD. The transmission, of course, has an electrically locked
torque convertor.

The engine I have in mind is a 3100 SFI V6. AFAIK, this engine was only
used with electronic transmissions. I'd like to retain sequential
injection for fuel economy reasons (also the reasons I'm planning for a
3100 and not a 3400 or 3500). I also intend to turbocharge the engine.

What ECM/mask combo can I use for this? I'd like a pretty "robust" mask
with 16 cell BLM capabilities (I've heard that some masks, like the $A1,
use an abbreviated 3 cell BLM structure) and, of course, boost control.

Would a Turbo 3.8 controller work? Is the early DIS compatible with the
later DIS that the engine would be using?

Will