[Gmecm] ECM Choice: Sequential V6, hydraulic transmission with lockup convertor

Brendan Patten bpatten
Sat Sep 2 16:31:26 UTC 2006

I'm getting over 30mph highway with my 3.1L $A1 Cavalier.  Highway mode
fuel AFR 16.5:1 and a bunch of timing added. (still no knock)

I'm trying to convert to $8D mask on my 3.1L right now for more BLM
cells. But no sequential.

There was also the Turbo Grand Pri in 1989 with a 3.1L, $8F mask.  Not
sure of how many blm cells there

$58 mask could be adopted to a DIS engine, you'll get 16 cells and
boost, still no sequential.

-----Original Message-----
From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On
Behalf Of William Lucke
Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2006 10:49 AM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: [Gmecm] ECM Choice: Sequential V6,hydraulic transmission with
lockup convertor

I'm gathering information for an engine swap in my Pontiac 6000 AWD. It
uses a version of the TH125 3 speed auto that can't be changed because
of the AWD. The transmission, of course, has an electrically locked
torque convertor.

The engine I have in mind is a 3100 SFI V6. AFAIK, this engine was only
used with electronic transmissions. I'd like to retain sequential
injection for fuel economy reasons (also the reasons I'm planning for a
3100 and not a 3400 or 3500). I also intend to turbocharge the engine.

What ECM/mask combo can I use for this? I'd like a pretty "robust" mask
with 16 cell BLM capabilities (I've heard that some masks, like the $A1,

use an abbreviated 3 cell BLM structure) and, of course, boost control.

Would a Turbo 3.8 controller work? Is the early DIS compatible with the
later DIS that the engine would be using?

Will