[Gmecm] Re: Gmecm Digest, Vol 19, Issue 3 - What really is a 'mask'?

Scot Sealander ssealander
Mon Sep 4 00:25:11 UTC 2006

>So, in an attempt to be absolutely clear, is it true that, for a
>given code 'mask':

>- The algorithms in the executable code are identical for all
> instantiations (and, in fact, all executable code, aside from lookup
> vectors, is identical).

No.  I have seen at least 3 different slight code variations of the $8D.
The changes aren't large, and none of the cal data area is changed.

>- The calibration (lookup) data values will (obviously) vary between
>applications to cope with different engine configurations etc. etc.
>- The size and scaling etc. of all the calibration (lookup) data are
>identical for all instantiations.
>- The vector memory location of any given element (scalar/array/table)
>of calibration data may vary between instantiations.

>Is the above a necessary and sufficient description?

It seems that nothing is absolute.  But that is a pretty good idea of what
is going on.

Scot