[Gmecm] What really is a 'mask'?

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Tue Sep 5 16:47:43 UTC 2006

It has to do with editing images.  Imagine that you "mask" out the code
and only leave the data tables.  This is what mask refers to.  It's a
specification of tables, their location and purpose.  A mask ID is
assigned to all applications that have the same mask.  There can be many
different calibrations for the same mask, and possibly different code
versions, although the code would have to be substantially the same.

--steve

The 2006 ARM Developers' Conference, October 3-5, Santa Clara, US
Join ARM and its technology and tools Partners from around the world at the only industry event for developers of ARM PoweredR solutions.
http://www.arm.com/developersconference/

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.