[Gmecm] ECM Choice: Sequential V6, hydraulic transmission, with lockup convertor

Jay Vessels jay
Wed Sep 6 00:09:13 UTC 2006

Hi there!

Production 3.1V6 Cavalier had either the THM125 or the Getrag 282
5-speed manual.

Comparing fuel economy numbers across cars and drivers is almost
impossible, but considering the mileage I got from my '94 Z24
convertible ($A1/5-speed) and what Dad gets from his '93 Z24 convertible
($A1/auto), I will second the notion that decent fuel economy (30 MPG
highway) can be had from multiport systems.  I'd recommend tuning with a
wideband O2 sensor, regardless of system, to maximize the benefit of
whatever system you choose.

As an aside, has anyone used LT1 ('8051) code for a non-V8?  Is there a
V6 or 4-cylinder version that is as flexible?

Jay Vessels
1982 Chevrolet S-10 Sport, 2.8V6 TBI
1984 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Sport, 2.8V6 (TBI pending)