[Gmecm] ECM Choice: Sequential V6, hydraulic transmission, with lockup convertor

William Lucke william.lucke
Mon Sep 4 17:50:27 UTC 2006

I assume that your Cavalier has a 4 speed transmission? Do you have
functioning EGR?
I'm stuck with a 3 speed AWD that currently gets 22 hwy/19 city. Gearing
changes might push me to 24-25. If sequential is worth 0.5 mpg, I want it.
I also think the 3100 is a fundamentally better/more efficient engine
than the 3.1. With the roller cam and better heads/intake, it's
certainly more responsive to boost.

Will

From: "Brendan Patten" <bpatten at centurytel.net>
Subject: RE: [Gmecm] ECM Choice: Sequential V6,	hydraulic transmission
	with lockup convertor

I'm getting over 30mph highway with my 3.1L $A1 Cavalier.  Highway mode
fuel AFR 16.5:1 and a bunch of timing added. (still no knock)

I'm trying to convert to $8D mask on my 3.1L right now for more BLM
cells. But no sequential.

There was also the Turbo Grand Pri in 1989 with a 3.1L, $8F mask.  Not
sure of how many blm cells there

$58 mask could be adopted to a DIS engine, you'll get 16 cells and
boost, still no sequential.