[Gmecm] 4L60e

Garrett Herning herningg
Wed Sep 6 02:48:03 UTC 2006

Hi RC,

Yes, the solenoids are different. The EPC is pulsed at a different frequency
(293.5Hz up to 94 and 614 in the 95 and later). It really doesnt affect the
operation. Someone posted here that the lower frequency caused interferece
on the AM radio band and thats why it was changed. The big difference is the
lockup. Up to 1994 there was only a single lockup solenoid, 95 and later has
2 solenoids, the normal lockup and a PWM lockup apply that can regulate the
lockup pressure. If this second one isnt working (since your older PCM
doesnt have the hardware to control it) you wont get lockup.  I'm not sure
off the top of my head, but you may be able to swap in a 94 or earlier valve
body into the later trans to get it to work... don't hold me to it though...

Garrett