[Gmecm] Re: Digest v. Forum

Andrew Huxtable ahuxtable
Thu Sep 7 02:16:07 UTC 2006

Well, I'm willing to give it a try....

I am willing to offer web space, bandwidth and my time to get a forum going.

I have been watching this list for years but I don't post too much because
most of it does not relate to me or my cars (mainly because I'm an aussie).

I am no mechanic, nor do I regularly do conversions to efi or constantly
tinker (although I have done it quite a bit) BUT I am a very competent
network engineer/administrator willing to donate for a cause.

That's right - I am offering to host and maintain a specific GM-ECM forum.
This is not 'backyard' hosting, it's real hosting on a dedicated beefy
server living in a proper diesel power backed server room and decent
internet connection.

Now, to try and keep everyone happy, I'm going to try for the 'forum with
email' approach as discussed going back a few months.  The idea is also to
keep graphics and other bandwidth hungry stuff to an absolute minimum.  That
way those people on dialup/slow connections should not be too concerned.

I think email lists have their place but I think GM-ECM has matured too much
for a list.  People are afraid of change but I encourage you to give it a
try and see how it feels.

**To get this up and running, I need to get some suggestions of categories
that would be appropriate for the forum and other constructive input to make
it the forum YOU want**

Please do not comment if you do not have any positive input in moving to a
forum.

Andrew