[Gmecm] ECM Choice: Sequential V6, hydraulic transmission with lockup convertor

William Lucke william.lucke
Wed Sep 6 04:20:14 UTC 2006

A 6000 is a larger, heavier car than Cavlier, is all wheel drive and
this particular one is running reasonably sticky 245 tires on the front
(205's on back) that already cost me 1.5-2 mpg compared to cheap 195's
all around.

If I can hit 25 mpg with the chain ratio change (24 is more likely), the
best that a 16.5 AFR could theoretically do for me is 28 mpg. I won't
see that because the real world isn't theoretical ideal (the real world
has hills that will cause me to get into PE and convertor unlock with a
2.39 final drive).

As I said before, I can do better than I am, but if sequential is worth
anything at all, I want it. Since my engine will come with sequential
sensors & wiring, actually running that way sounds as simple as picking
the right computer. Would a turbo Buick unit accomplish this?

A '93 Z24 has the TH125? WTF?

The shutter wheel in the opti-spark distributor used on the LT1's is
quite 8 cylinder specific. I can see code that interprets that signal
being difficult to convert to 6 cylinder operation.

Will