[Gmecm] [OT] Spam

Burntkat@sc.rr.com burntkat
Wed Sep 13 07:15:41 UTC 2006

Being that you have a yahoo.com email address, that might have a lot to do
with it.

Yahoo's known for spam problems. Their software's just this side of malware,
also.

-----Original Message-----
From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf
Of Ryan Hess
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 12:06 PM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: [Gmecm] [OT] Spam

I don't know why, but in the past few weeks, spam has increased
infinity-fold!  (I've had none until now.)  This email is used by nothing
other than DIY-EFI.

Yahoo is really good with catching spam, but for some reason all of this
goes straight to my inbox.

Not that this matters much anymore, because I'll be checking in here less
frequently.  So, FWIW... LOL!  Insert smiley->  :-)

Ryan

Mark Mansur <mmansur at hotmail.com> wrote:
Oh, and, Steve - any chance we could have the archive asterisk-replace
portions of our email addresses? The  "at"  format
as it uses currently is pretty easily parsed by spam bots these days via the

major search engines. I already have enough spam in my inbox, which,
ironically, is another reason I prefer forums.

-M