[Gmecm] IAC / AIS Setup - $8D/7730

Robin Handley Robin
Fri Apr 6 18:19:35 UTC 2007

FWIW I find that I don't miss not having an IAC to keep a stable idle. I've
manipulated the ignition map so that there's a localised SA peak at my
desired idle RPM (e.g. 1000), and the SA drops at RPMs below and above that.
The idea is that increased SA lifts the engine speed up to 1000, and if it
goes past 1000, then the reduction in SA causes it to drop back. Seems to
work quite well, and doesn't compromise the driveability of the car. Not as
sophisticated as IAC, but easier to set up!

http://www.furyworld.fsnet.co.uk/Images/XE_Ignition_Map_8Jul06.gif

Robin