[Gmecm] IAC / AIS Setup - $8D/7730

Jay Vessels jay
Fri Apr 6 13:48:27 UTC 2007

Hi there!

I just posted something about this, but basically GM's method gets you
to about 30 IAC counts, or about 10-12% of it's full range, at hot idle.
  On TBI systems, many want as much air going through the TBI as
possible to get better atomization, and adjust minimum air to get to
about 2-3 counts (about 1% of full range).  You want some headroom so
the IAC can adjust the idle speed down in case the engine wants to idle
up for some reason.  If you don't have enough headroom the IAC can't
compensate for a too-high idle.

Jay Vessels
1982 Chevrolet S-10 Sport, 2.8V6 TBI
1984 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Sport, 2.8V6 (TBI pending)