[Gmecm] DFCO and EGR elimination

Rick McLeod dunvegan
Tue Aug 14 17:44:32 UTC 2007

driveability? performance?

EGR should theoritically improve both, in that it should allow the tune to border on the edge of ping and recirculate exhaust gas to reduce the o2 content by the introduction of an inert component, effectivey reducing the lean-out that typically results in ping on moderate accel on hot days,

If one could tune a system for all weather conditions, I'd agree w/ removal, but EGR is your friend in most cases, especially for drivability

----- Original Message ----
From: Cowen <captain_krill at yahoo.com>
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 12:30:46 PM
Subject: [Gmecm] DFCO and EGR elimination

Hello folks,
I think I understand how turning off EGR could be
useful, as you might then be able to eliminate
components, in addition to possible
performance/driveability improvements and
considersably simpler code.

On the other hand, I'm confused about the DFCO.  What
are the benefits of eliminating DFCO?

Duncan