[Gmecm] DFCO and EGR elimination

Dig turbodig
Wed Aug 15 00:06:00 UTC 2007

>Forgot to ask. What didn't/don't you like about $58?

>Robin

Where to begin?  There's lots of stuff that's hard to use. Also, more than a few outright bugs in the code.

Example:  The VE tables are unnecessarily complex.  We've weeded the 3 tables (F29,F29C,and F30) down to one. (F29x).
You can select which of the 3 you want to use or not use.

Bug example: Baro is weird. I've got some stuff that I'm working on for the next release that should fix some of the oddness.

Another bug example:  ALDL comm routine was disabling receives during the "off" time that the scheduler wasn't sending heartbeat messages. Turning this back on make ALDL comm sooooo much easier. You can just send it a byte to shut up now, vs. having to play games with timing the packet.

There's still other things to fix (Mode 2 doesn't work right, the long-standing freak BPW and VE data in the data stream, etc), but we keep whacking away at it.

The v18 feature list is below.  Current dev version is 24, with some neat stuff coming.

Later,

Dig

---------------------------
Features of version 18:

WB Brand selection

   - The code expects the WB sensor voltage to be present on pin F14 (i.e. MAP2)

   - Bit 0 : DIY / TechEdge v1.0 Sensor Nonlinear Output - Uses Table

   - Bit 1 : FJO Nonlinear Output - Uses Table

   - Bit 2 : AEM Nonlinear Output - Uses Table

   - Bit 3 : TechEdge v2.0 Linear Output - Uses Formula  [AFR = (Volts * 2) + 9]

   - Bit 4 : PLX Linear Output - Uses Formula [AFR = (Volts * 2) + 10]

   - Bit 5 : Innovate Linear Output - Uses Formula [AFR = (Volts * 2) + 10]

   - Bit 6 : AEM Linear Output - Uses Formula  [AFR = (Volts * 2) + 10]

   - Bit 7 : Zeitronix (Nonlinear Output - Uses Table)

      - Second WBo2 Sensor Setting

        - Bit 7 : RAW - Raw output of Voltage, Use formula in TunerPro to display AFR.  DO NOT USE WITH WIDE BAND O2 FUELING FLAGS TURNED ON

Closed Loop WBo2 Fueling(Not active when in PE)

   - AFR High setting

   - AFR Low Setting

   - Sensor Ready Delay, amount of time to delay before WBo2 Closed Loop code is active

16x32 VE Table F29x covering (400-6400 RPMs, and 0 - 300 kPa (30psi))

F70_MPH - Change table from TPS% to MPH based.

F71_MPH - Change table from TPS% to MPH based. Helps to reduce boost spiking in 3rd/4th gear.

Updated ALDL Outputs

   - Actual AFR

   - Desired AFR

   - AE/DE/PE/DFCO Flags

   - $3f map variable (Real 3 Bar Map Variable, used by F29x, F29_AFR)

   - $3e Filtered Map

F29x Table Only - No longer use F29c (Closed Throttle Table) at idle

Expanded Boost Multipler F77x Table - Covers a wider range of 84 - 292 kPa

Updated BARO LOGIC

V8 EGR Fix