[Gmecm] DFCO and EGR elimination

Cowen captain_krill
Wed Aug 15 17:32:42 UTC 2007

So far, I love DFCO, for me it's one of the reminders
of how much better my EFI conversion is over the carb
it replaced.  Now, I admit it's not being driven like
the Poche or Camaro described before, but in about a
year the whole shebang will be transplanted into an
MGA (which has been and will be slalomed).  Perhaps
then I'll produce some 3' fireballs.  I didn't know
that was a problem!!

As to the EGR, thanks for the insight, Rick.  On my
installation, it's been a hassle physically and
electrically to get working (wrong VSS hooked up).  It
turns out I don't need it for the emissions tests
(clean as a whistle), and I've converted to DIS (so I
guess spark is as close to max advance as needed for a
street vehicle).  I just assumed I'd delete it on the
MGA conversion, maybe I'll think again.

Duncan