[Gmecm] $58 ALDL-reported BPW jumping (when it should be constant)

Rob Handley Robin
Mon Aug 27 10:50:59 UTC 2007

Yay! Found the cause of the ALDL-reported BPW being mostly stuck at zero. (I
had set all the F77 values to 0 instead of 1.) :-)

However, with the engine sitting at idle, using fixed values of (in the
notation of the P4 Turbo doc): BPC, MAPP, MAT', VE, F33C, BLM, DFCO, CLT,
and F77, the ALDL-reported BPW still occasionally jumps up to a higher
value - e.g. 24 ms.

I can't find a value of A/F' to display (in my home-brew ALDL monitor
program), but desired A/F is very slowly changing (due to warm up).

Nor can I find a value of DE to display, but I've done my best to turn this
OFF.

I haven't yet put a 'scope on the injector line (next job...) to see if the
hardware tells the same story as the ALDL, but if anybody's got any ideas as
to the cause of the jumping ALDL-reported BPW, I'd be very interested to
hear them!

Robin