[Gmecm] Adjusting 7730/$8D for larger cam

Clair Davis clair.davis
Fri Feb 2 03:44:23 UTC 2007

Mike,
That's what's going on.  I did try playing with the MAP signal by hooking a
vacuum tester up to the sensor, but it was hard to see if it made a
difference, as the idle speed fluctuated some, and of course the MAP didn't
change in response.

I haven't done any datalogging since I started playing with this particular
bin - it's one I burned to correct the cylinder volume and injector size
constants that were off in my original tune.  It's better now, but still
rich.  Looks like I need to take a look at the BLM's soon.  I just need to
do that on a day with a good north wind so I don't fill the house with fumes
again...

John,
the cam is a Crane HMV272, 216* intake, 228* exhaust, on a 112* LCA.  I
advanced the cam 2* as I said, so I think I *COULD* get a decent vacuum
signal from this cam.  No heated O2 at this point, just the plain old 1-wire
GM unit.  I will be using my LM-1 at some point, but just trying to get
sorted enough to hit the road for a bit now.  Idle speed is 800-850,
depending on engine temp, and it does a good job of holding that, now that
my IAC is working like it should.  58kPa at idle would be awesome, as I
REALLY don't want to recam this critter if I can tune the problem away.

Thanks for the input, guys!

Clair