[Gmecm] Tracker TBI Problems overcome!

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Thu Feb 8 23:25:36 UTC 2007

Probably the timing gauge hasn't moved, but maybe the timing mark on the
balancer has moved, if the rubber is worn out and the outer ring is
moving relative to the hub.  In that case the balancer probably needs to
be replaced.

If I can recap, it ran bad, then you cleaned up and replaced some
gaskets and it ran better for a while, then ran bad again.  If timing is
indeed the problem then it has been changing over time as you've been
working on it.  The mark moving is one thing, but the actual timing
changing is something else.  I'm not familiar with that engine, can you
describe how the ignition timing is done, where the pickups are, is it
distributor or ???  I'm not sure the problem is completely solved yet so
I'm still curious.

--steve