[Gmecm] 749 Shift light output

Bill Shaw b.shaw
Mon Feb 26 23:28:20 UTC 2007

I've just obtained a 32 valve 5.0L engine for my 928.  This should give
me about 90 hp more than my 16V 4.7L before I add the forced induction.
One issue I have to address with the 32V is the flappy valve in the
intake.  This is an intake resonance device that is normally triggered
to open at about 4000 rpm by the Bosch LH ecu.

I'm thinking about controlling it with the shift light output on my
'749,   but it needs to be modified a bit so that it triggers just on
RPM,  not engine load or anything else.  Has anyone modified the shift
light output on a '749 to be just an RPM trigger?

TIA,

Bill
928s 4.7L 5 sp. Vortech/749 (soon to be 5.0L 32V!)