[Gmecm] Re: TBI injector schema vs. port injector schema

Chris Reynolds red83brick
Fri Jan 5 00:48:08 UTC 2007

Because you are going to alot of trouble to re-invent the wheel so to speak.

  The TBI injectors are driven with Peak and Hold drivers, the 7730 lacks this style of driver.   The 165 MAF TPI ECM was however used with TBI in the 4 banger S10s.

Chris Reynolds <red83brick at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Not easily

I could not see the reason for running a 7730 ECM with TBI. The later model 1993-1996 TBI PCMs are much more advanced than the 1227747 like ECMs. 8192 Baud, transmission controls, PFI compatible, and can even be run with a MAF sensor controlling the fuel.

William Lucke wrote:
Ok...
Why not?

Will