[Gmecm] Chevy 350 Carburated to TBI / TPI?

Aphelion79 aphelion79
Thu Jan 11 05:46:03 UTC 2007

Ok another couple of questions I have for the setup:

I was wondering if the TBI systems used on the '87+ Truck 350s were fuel
only, or did they control timing as well?

On the GM 151 4cyls I've had experience with they used a computer
controlled timing curve (basically the same idea as a vacuum advance,
I.E. the computer has NO idea where the timing is in relation to the
crankshaft)  I also know of other types of engines using complete timing
control where the use of a crankshaft positioning sensor / knock sensor
is used...

Also, for an O2 sensor, do you need one for each "side" of the engine?
(Where as my previous knowledge is I4 and I6's, I only have one exhaust
manifold! =D )

Also these systems are all OBDI, because to my knowledge OBDII didn't
start up until 1996?  (Dunno where I got that year from, but for some
reason it comes to mind, lol.)

Thanks for the support everyone!