[Gmecm] Tracker TBI Problems still

Terminal Crazy Terminal_Crazy
Wed Jan 24 21:40:37 UTC 2007

On 24 Jan, Cowen <captain_krill at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Strangely enough, I did a ton of work in one day,
> including redoing the TB, and it ran PERFECTLY for
> about a week!

> It runs well otherwise, uses little oil, and has
> plenty of power.  What am I missing??  Why does it run
> so rich?

Air Filter ?

Unmetered Air ? ( just guessing, I've not played with US TBI)

Is the oil fresh, I've heard that can affect it, though I wouldn't know by
how much ?

Exhaust leak / o2's faulty / aging and slowing down in response.

Sorry can't think of anything else.

I always liked the sound of some alcohol in the tank but again I don't know
how much is needed (or what type).

HTH
Mitch

Mitch - 1995 Z28 LT1 M6          terminal_crazy at sand-hill.freeserve.co.uk