[Gmecm] Tracker TBI Problems still

Rick McLeod dunvegan
Wed Jan 24 22:44:40 UTC 2007

I've had similar problems, traced back to cracked crossover on a V-6, but could be crack in header just as well. It allows air (ox) to be sucked in to exhaust stream, the o2 sensor reads it as way lean, and the computer then trys to 'fix' the problem by squirting more fuel, to no avail, and therefore it really is rich, and therefore fails test machines

just at thought from experience

----- Original Message ----
From: Terminal Crazy <Terminal_Crazy at sand-hill.freeserve.co.uk>
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 3:40:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] Tracker TBI Problems still

On 24 Jan, Cowen <captain_krill at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Strangely enough, I did a ton of work in one day,
> including redoing the TB, and it ran PERFECTLY for
> about a week!

> It runs well otherwise, uses little oil, and has
> plenty of power.  What am I missing??  Why does it run
> so rich?

Air Filter ?

Unmetered Air ? ( just guessing, I've not played with US TBI)

Is the oil fresh, I've heard that can affect it, though I wouldn't know by
how much ?

Exhaust leak / o2's faulty / aging and slowing down in response.

Sorry can't think of anything else.

I always liked the sound of some alcohol in the tank but again I don't know
how much is needed (or what type).

HTH
Mitch

Mitch - 1995 Z28 LT1 M6          terminal_crazy at sand-hill.freeserve.co.uk