[Gmecm] Warm start problem...

Eck, Joel GCC ISS Engineer Joel.Eck
Thu Jul 12 17:42:34 UTC 2007

I hope for your sake this has nothing to do with it, but I had a honda
that did the same thing because of a warped head. I don't know why or
how it caused that particular problem, but swapping the long block
resolved it.

Joel

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 18:28:14 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
From: Mike Frels <mfrels at ix.netcom.com>
Subject: [Gmecm] Warm start problem...
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org, gmecm at diy-efi.org
<29180054.1184200095220.JavaMail.root at elwamui-milano.atl.sa.earthlink.ne
t>

I am trying to diagnose a hot or warm start problem. I've got a gm TPI
350 running $8D for a 305 that has been modded to work with my setup.
Morning starts she fires right up. Hot starts if she's only been sitting
for less than 10-15 minutes also fine. A restart between 15 minutes to 5
hours sitting takes some cranking. Looking through my tables I've got
various Start Up Enrichment and Crank Fuel Pulse Width settings that I
am thinking I need to adjust. Can someone enlighten me on what the
differences between Start Up Enrichment and Crank Fuel Pulse Width? BTW
I have acquired this summer time problem since I switched to LS1
injectors last year.

Mike