[Gmecm] Re: Warm start problem

DOZIERHC at aol.com DOZIERHC
Thu Jul 12 21:51:41 UTC 2007

Mike...

It could be the fuel system leaking down.

Try putting a fuel pressure gauge on the Schrader fitting and watching the
fuel pressure decay.
A good system will hold pressure within about 10psi for 24 hours.
If your decays off to near zero in a few hours, I would then try and  isolate
if it is leaky injectors, or a leaking check valve in the fuel pump, or  bad
pressure regulator.

As for cranking fuel PW, the system experiences hottest fuel at about 20-30
minutes into a hot soak, after that, the temperature decays back towards
ambient.  So Hot starting vapor lock would be at that time, if it is going  to
happen (fuel flash to vapor in the nozzle of the injectors, therefore  effectivly
blocking injection PW).

IF that is the case, you might have to bump your cranking fuel PW for  higher
MAT temperatures, NOT ECT, to try and alleviate the fuel  starvation.

BTW, do you have a Wideband in your system to see what the post crank
fueling Lambda profile looks like?

Hank

Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 18:28:14 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
From: Mike Frels  <mfrels at ix.netcom.com>
Subject: [Gmecm] Warm start problem...
To:  diy_efi at diy-efi.org, gmecm at diy-efi.org

I am trying to  diagnose a hot or warm start problem. I've got a gm TPI 350
running $8D for a  305 that has been modded to work with my setup. Morning
starts she fires right  up. Hot starts if she's only been sitting for less than
10-15 minutes also fine.  A restart between 15 minutes to 5 hours sitting takes
some cranking. Looking  through my tables I've got various Start Up Enrichment
and Crank Fuel Pulse  Width settings that I am thinking I need to adjust. Can
someone enlighten me on  what the differences between Start Up Enrichment and
Crank Fuel Pulse Width? BTW  I have acquired this summer time problem since I
switched to LS1 injectors last  year.

Mike

Gmecm  mailing  list
Gmecm at diy-efi.org