[Gmecm] Re: Warm start problem

Brett Richards brettr
Thu Jul 12 23:24:40 UTC 2007

I had a similar problem with my LS1. I have an aftermarket thottle body
and the hole for the idle air control is bevelled, whereas the stock
throttle
body the hole is straight. Once we found the right size o-ring for it the
problem went away. Sounds to me like there is some sort of similar leak
somwhere with your setup. I'm not that familiar with the TPI setup, but
I hope this may help
Brett

-----Original Message-----
From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org]On
Behalf Of DOZIERHC at aol.com
Sent: Friday, 13 July 2007 5:52 AM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: [Gmecm] Re: Warm start problem

Mike...

It could be the fuel system leaking down.

Try putting a fuel pressure gauge on the Schrader fitting and watching the
fuel pressure decay.
A good system will hold pressure within about 10psi for 24 hours.
If your decays off to near zero in a few hours, I would then try and
isolate
if it is leaky injectors, or a leaking check valve in the fuel pump, or  bad
pressure regulator.

As for cranking fuel PW, the system experiences hottest fuel at about 20-30
minutes into a hot soak, after that, the temperature decays back towards
ambient.  So Hot starting vapor lock would be at that time, if it is going
happen (fuel flash to vapor in the nozzle of the injectors, therefore
effectivly
blocking injection PW).

IF that is the case, you might have to bump your cranking fuel PW for
higher
MAT temperatures, NOT ECT, to try and alleviate the fuel  starvation.

BTW, do you have a Wideband in your system to see what the post crank
fueling Lambda profile looks like?

Hank