[Gmecm] Northstar PCM tuning

Andy Harvilla higrafey
Tue Jul 24 02:17:44 UTC 2007

Hi guys,

Has anyone been successful in custom tuning the PCM for Northstar
engines?  I've seen some places that claim to do it, but the
information is very sparse... definitely not a DIY attitude.

I was going to try dumping a binary from my '98 Eldorado to my PC and
taking a look, but I'm not sure if that's even a step in the right
direction.  Didn't these things have some kind of encryption scheme
to prevent unauthorized access?

Just looking to see if someone can point me in the right direction.

Andy