[Gmecm] Re: Gmecm Digest, Vol 29, Issue 3

Jared Ryan jryan
Thu Jul 12 23:13:30 UTC 2007

I had the same thought.  Are you sure you don't have a leaking injector
or gasket?

I chased a problem similar to this for seven months.  It turned out
that an O-ring around one of the injectors was crushed, and fuel was
leaking down into the manifold.  It would start instantly cold, but hot
I'd have to hold the throttle full open to get it to catch.  It would
also idle very rich.  I finally figured it out when I smelled gas with
the car parked, and followed my nose.  Taking off the air cleaner lid
(TBI) and having someone turn the key to turn on the fuel pump while I
watched the throttle body finalized the diagnosis.  Installing new
injector O-rings solved the problem.

Just my experience, for whatever it's worth.

  ---> Jared Ryan <---
jryan at caminofx.org | http://www.caminofx.org