[Gmecm] Re: Gmecm Digest, Vol 29, Issue 3

Dan and Deanna Jones danddracing
Thu Jul 12 22:45:30 UTC 2007

Mike,
Forgive this question if it seems dumb, but I have run into the same kind of
starting problems in the past on stock setups on direent brands of engines,
that were cured by replacing the injectors or having them cleaned. In the
cases I experienced, the injesctors were leaking slightly, slowly flooding
the engine. I wonder if there would be some value in installing a fuel guage
and monitoring the pressure after shutoff. In most efi systems if the fuel
pump check valve is good and the injectors are good, the system will hold
full pressure for a couple of days.

Dan