[Gmecm] The next step: E67 ECM

Clair Davis clair.davis
Wed Jun 20 03:06:52 UTC 2007

Is this the same basic Delphi ECM that MSD is selling now?
http://www.msdfuelinjection.com/mefi4.html
If so, that would be neat to play with just because it's so stinkin' small.
Realistically, I'm fairly overwhelmed dealing with the 730 I have now, but
I've changed horses mid-stream in the past...  Back to Google...

Clair

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryan Hess" <rgmecm at yahoo.com>
To: <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 8:33 PM
Subject: [Gmecm] The next step: E67 ECM

> "The E67 is the high-line controller in GM's new family of three engine
control modules (ECM), which will direct nearly all the engines in
Powertrain's line-up. It features 32-bit processing, compared to
conventional 16-bit processing, with 32 megabytes of flash memory, 128
kilobytes of RAM and a high-speed CAN bus. It synchronizes more than 100
functions, from spark timing to cruise control operation to traction control
calculations, and it will work in vehicles with different generation vehicle
wiring systems, or LANs."

> I just bought one to take apart and tinker with.  It's supposedly the most
advanced ECM in GM's lineup.  It can handle VVT phasers, DoD solenoids, and
all kinds of extras.  There are many applications and calibrations for this
ECM, including I4, V6 and V8.  Considering mine just cost me $60, I think
this would be a great base for a cheap aftermarket controller.