[Gmecm] Anybody got a $4D VIN"Z" BIN available?

Jay Vessels jay
Sat Jun 23 19:53:22 UTC 2007

Hi there!

I'm a bit confused, so please bear with me.

That cal ID / ECM is the 4.3V6 from Astro or fullsize trucks, as far as
I can tell.  4.3V6 TBI "Z" S-series of that year used the 1228062 ECM
and a different cal ID.  I'm not sure why GM did that for essentially
the same engine / transmission.

Camaro/Firebird V6 of that vintage is a 2.8V6 MPI car -- different
displacement, and different engine family (V6/60 F-car with DIS, versus
V6/90 truck with distributor).  The F-car of this vintage also has a MAF
sensor, so the fueling strategy is different from the 4.3V6 TBI.

So, which one are you after?  Or, maybe a better question, what EFI
system are you using and what are you installing it on?

Jay Vessels
1982 Chevrolet S-10 Sport, 2.8V6 TBI
1984 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Sport, 2.8V6 (TBI pending)