[Gmecm] Off topic - rear main seal packing

Dave Mumert dmumert
Sat Mar 17 22:18:40 UTC 2007

Hi David

I can't help you with the torque issue but here is a site that list
alternative seals for the 231
http://rebuiltautoengines.com/pontiac-articles.html

Check about half way down the page

Here is a copy of the pertinent line
Engine to       Detroit   Enginetech     FM            ROL
Victor            Actual
Be repaired
Application

Buick 231     17200      S-1389       BS-40613     RS-29470    JV-742-V
Jeep 225

Good Luck

Dave