[Gmecm] Re: Vortec L31 oscillating at idle

Darren Freed darrenfreed
Mon Mar 19 14:58:58 UTC 2007

I had the same idle problem with my 3.4 DOHC v6.  This problem occurs
because there is a discrepancy between the desired idle rpm and desired idle
airflow values.  The OBD-II idle algorithm is very different than the OBD-I
algorithm: both desired rpm and desired airflow are used.  If they disagree,
the IAC hunts for an idle speed that will satisfy both criteria.  The only
way to fix the problem is to change the desired airflow and/or rpm tables in
the flashrom.  Hopefully you can do that with OBD-II TunerCat.

HTH,

Darren